Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2006 04:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Maikel Lambregts <maikel.lambregts@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL and FreeBSD

Hi,

  I saw your information on http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-database/2006-January/000386.html

Atm we still have and olf MySQL server with FreeBSD 4.8 and MySQL 4.0 running with Linuxthreads. We now bought a new Dell server (Dual Xeon 2.8, 4GB ram, 15.000 SCSI RAID 1) and I'm wondering what would be the best to install MySQL.

I was thinking of FreeBSD 6.1 in combination with MySQL 5.0. I was thinking of using your advice by using native threads instead of Linuxthreads and furthermore I just would copy your build options -->

'WITH_CHARSET=utf8',
'WITH_XCHARSET=all',
'WITH_COLLATION=utf8_general_ci',
'WITH_PROC_SCOPE_PTH=yes',
'BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes',
'BUILD_STATIC=yes',

Is this still the best configuration according to you?
Do you have exact copy of my.cnf file for me that you use?

Regards,

  Mike