Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:41:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@neptune.oceancomputer.com>
To:        ktsin@mail.singtel-yp.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a patch to fix the proxy arp problem

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 ktsin@mail.singtel-yp.com wrote:

> I've managed to track down the proxy arp problem in 3.2-stable. It was due to
> misalignment which led to wrong/corrupted destination address and netmask.

Thank you :) If you have a second, could you go over the patch briefly,
and explain what it does? Is the misalignment caused by the addition of
the sdl_rcf and sdl_route elements to the sockaddr_dl structure in
/usr/src/sys/net/if_dl.h? Why did it work without the ROUNDUP() macro
before the addition of these elements, and why don't it now?

Thanks again for the patch...I can upgrade my firewall again ;)

Cheers,
Mick