Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 12:26:56 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk (Duncan Barclay)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, itojun@iijlab.net
Subject:   Re: (mgp-users 00027) graphic tablet experiecne ?

> X allows one to change the mapping of the physical to logical buttons.

yes, but i have just one -- the tip! Having 2-3 more on the stilus would
just be great.

> >  * In many occasions, i really miss the ability to map the whole
> >    tablet (or a fraction) within a window, so i don't have to
> >    "imagine" the boundaries of the working area while drawing.
> >    In order to do this, however, i do need two things:
> >      + absolute coordinates
> >      + feedback from the server on the window's geometry
>
> This is already availalbe in X (for the Wacom tablets).  A number of
> virtual tablets can be created.  I would suggest that you look at
> xf86Wacom.c somewhere in the XFree86 source tree. Also look at

this is what i am doing... in any case my goal was to try to
extend the moused/sysmouse interface so that it could at
least pass absolute coordinates, and possibly even user-defined events.

I really don't want to rebuild a server each time i make a small
modification...

	cheers
	luigi