Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:50:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@glacier.cold.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID solutions?

We are looking to put a RAID array onto a server, and were wondering which
solution would be the best/most cost effective.  We have daily incremental
backups, so I doubt the powers that be would be willing to go for a full
blown RAID system--so at this time we are likely looking at a card which
will do a RAID array through the hardware (preferably Level 5).  Has
anybody had any experience with this?  Any suggestions on which card (and
drives) to get?  I'm not exploring the hardware (just fishing for helpful
hints :), but the guy who is mentioned something about an adaptec RAID
card--comments on it?

Enjoy;

-Brandon Gillespie