Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 01:01:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Hockenhull <benh@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   MWave modem on Vaio R505EC?

I have a Vaio R505EC and I'm trying to get the built-in mwave modem to
work with the mwave loadable module port.  The port claims to be for the
Thinkpads in particular, but I suppose it should work with any mwave
modem.

When the module is loaded, dmesg tells me this:

mwave0: <mwave> on isa0
smapi::smapi_init, ERROR invalid usSmapiID
tp3780i::Initialize SMAPI is not available on this machine
Mwave Modem, ERROR cannot Initialize DSP error 5
device_probe_and_attach: mwave0 attach returned 5
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

--