Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 12:16:48 +0200
From:      Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dummynet instability

Hi,

I've been using Dummynet for quite some time with no stability
problems. Just recently, I added some more ipfw rules sending traffic to
my 3 pipes, which makes them:

08100 pipe 3 tcp from any to n.n.n.n 80 via ed1
08101 pipe 3 tcp from n.n.n.n 80 to any via ed1
08102 pipe 3 tcp from any to n.n.n.n 21,20 via ed1
08103 pipe 3 tcp from n.n.n.n 21,20 to any via ed1
08104 pipe 1 udp from any to any via ed1
08105 pipe 1 tcp from any to any via ed1
08106 pipe 1 ip from any to any via ed1
08200 pipe 2 icmp from any to any via ed1

(Where n.n.n.n is my IP.)

I've been getting some "/kernel: -- warning, refcnt now 0, decreasing" and
"/kernel: -- warning, refcnt now -1, decreasing" text in my messages log
lately, and experienced two unexpected reboots (one of them was just after
these messages). It seems this was mentioned on this list in november last
year. I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE as of Wednesday the 19th of January.

Has this been fixed? Any tips on how to improve the situation?

Regards,

--
Anders.