Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:38:42 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: /etc/group problems!

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 12:45:36PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
> I still have trouble with my /etc/group file, I posted now three times here with no answer.
> Hope ths is not a charateristicum  of FreeBSD User group!

What are you whining about? This is a list with people volontarily
answering questions to other people using FreeBSD. You can't demand an
answer. If noone reading the list at the moment is able to solve your
problem, you have to wait!

Besides. Please see to that your mailer wraps lines at about 70
characters or so!

> Well, the problem looks like difficult! I reconfigured login.conf. In login.conf
> I defined new classes, but they do not involve those groups which can not login.
> There are other groups with the same class-definition in login.conf which are able
> to log in. Same is for login.access.
> I have only three additional well functioning groups defined in /etc/group, all other
> additional groups I defined are not working. When adding a new group to my /etc/group
> file all things look well. When adding a new user vi "adduser" , adduser does not
> add the new defined user to the specified group! Adding this user by hand produces
> the effect, that this user is only then able to log in, when it's group is one of the
> "functioning" groups, but this user can not login when adding hin to a new group I defined.
> Any idea, hint or tip?
>
> Gruss O. Hartmann

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_