Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2011 02:28:12 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Pyun Yong-Hyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>, Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.ORG, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@des.no>, d@delphij.net, Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>
Subject:   Re: Annoying ERROR: 'wlan0' is not a DHCP-enabled interface

On 12/27/2011 01:26, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> I would not be against the netif route, but it creates serious
> problems

Ok, you've convinced me that this approach isn't viable. That's why I
asked for review before committing it. Thanks for looking at it in more
detail.

I will take a stab at the idea of a wrapper script tomorrow. It's not
going to need to duplicate anything more of the mechanics of
rc.d/dhclient than calling dhcpif(), which is itself from network.subr,
so the code duplication is extremely minimal. If nothing else, the
ability to add configuration of IPv6 interfaces here would make it
worthwhile.

Doug

--

		[^L]