Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:59:47 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Lasse Osterberg <lars.osterberg@ue.sr.se>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPfw and DHCP

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:53:43AM +0200, Lasse Osterberg wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there anyway at system startup and/or via a cron job to pass my DHCP
> ipaddress from my external interface to rc.firewall?
> So my firewall rules still work if my external DHCP lease gets a new
> ipaddress.

You could always use the ipfw 'me' syntax - instead of an IP address,
put the word 'me' in the ipfw rule, it matches any IP address assigned
to a local interface.

So, instead of:

ipfw add allow tcp from any to 192.168.5.5 22 setup

..put:

ipfw add allow tcp from any to me 22 setup

..and things should be fine.

G'luck,
Peter

--
You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading.