Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 10:30:27 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@mofo.frt.dec.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: lyx-0.10.7

Bob Melson writes:
> --
> Been having problems compiling the 0.10.7 version of lyx.  I don't have
> the error in front of me just now, but it gets to a point in the
> compilation of lyx.C and begins complaining of lacking casts on
> variables passed into a function, then after about 4-5 of these, make
> will exit with a strong error return.  I could attempt to fix this, but
> I figure that I'm not the only one confronted with the problem and that
> it's something the maintainer should be aware of.
>
> In addition, the configure routine is still set to look for xforms 0.81
> and refuses to recognize later versions (like 0.86 that's now
> available).  This doesn't appear to be a show-stopper just now, but
> could cause some heavy breathing down line.

it'll cause more than that. I munged lyx to get around the changes in
xforms 0.86 and got it to compile and link. Unfortunately, it core
dumps when run.

I just grabbed xforms 0.81 and compiled using that.

I was unable to get the latest version of lyx to work. Can't remember
anymore what went wrong.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) garyj@muc.de