Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:36:31 +0200
From:      P Stalidis <pstal@it.teithe.gr>
To:        Jeff Lewis <jlewis1957@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Batch Translation

Jeff Lewis wrote:

>I always suspected that MSDOS Batch files were the smallest of subsets of [insert favorite shell here]. Bit it's all I know well.
>
>Does anyone know of a web page that translates MSDOS batch file commands to [insert favorite shell here]?
>
>Jeff
>
>PS - I'm liking BASH.

I remember 5 or 6 years ago a friend of mine had made himself csh
scripts with MS-DOS names and syntax that would do the same thing as in
dos. He then put them in a folder and added it in his path. So whenever
he wrote something that would be correct for MS-DOS command.com his unix
system would run it...
The bad thing is that I have lost touch with him.... but you can do that
yourself and I suppose that your old MS-DOS scripts will be available
again. Of course you will learn how to make bash or csh or sh or zsh or
whatever shell scripts in the proccess and probably the consumed time
will be greater than to write all your dos scripts again.