Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:32:04 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Mikhail Evstiounin <evstiounin@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Volatile variables

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 09:41:28PM -0500, Mikhail Evstiounin wrote:

> Yeap, I figured it out after I sent it and appologized (could my
> appology be accepted?).

Certainly, and I wasn't asking for your apology anyway, I just hate it
when someone else might take the blame for what I've done ;)

> > int k = 0;
> > k = 1;
>
> Again, if any line is mapped to multiple assembler command then the
> sequence of assembler command could be interrupted between any
> assembler commands. It's even worse, than your assumption.

How true, indeed.  I shall never be over-optimistic anymore...

Regards,

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]