Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 00:01:51 +0100
From:      "Stefan Lindgren" <s.lindgren@telia.com>
To:        "Chuck Robey" <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SV: SV: crt0 linking...

Sorry about the missing CR. Hopefully I including the proper info...

I'm running 3.0-RELEASE.

With "cache /usr/lib" I mean running:
"ldconfig -aout <directory>" with a directory specified.
As I understand, that will reload the "cached dynamic linker objects" files which need to be loaded(cached) during compilation.
(The .o files that the linker uses)
Somehow the crt0.o isn't found(it exists although on disk "/usr/lib/aout/crt0.o").

#mv tmplibgcc.a libgcc.a
#./xgcc -B./  -DIN_GCC   -g -I./include  enquire.o -o enquire
#/usr/libexec/aout/ld: crt0.o: No such file or directory
#*** Error code 1
#
#Stop.

This is the part in rc.conf:

ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib"
ldconfig_paths_aout="/usr/lib/compat/aout /usr/X11R6/lib/aout /usr/local/lib/aout /usr/lib"
(Here I added "/usr/lib", which in a sense is meaningless...)

Stefan