Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:54:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        groudier@club-internet.fr
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sym driver: new experimental version (multi-firmware support)

 >> >   Add support for early NCR53C8XX PCI-SCSI chips:
 >>
 >> >   - NCR53C810 revision <=3D 15
 >>
 >> It does not work for me. The card is not probed.

 > As I wrote, I haven't currently a 810 rev < 15 installed on my home
 > machine and I did the testing by hacking the driver device tables for
 > a 810a and a 895 to be driven by the NCR generic firmware instead.
 > I have a machine at work under FreeBSD with a 810 rev. 2 and it is pla=
nned
 > to test the driver on this machine on next tuesday.

 > Looking into the detection code, I see no obvious reason for the drive=
 > not to accept your controller. If you have time for, you may add some
 > `printf' in sym_find_pci_chip() and sym_find_firmware() in order to tr=
ack
 > the problem.

I have discovered that moving files from /sys/dev/sym-1.5.0-20000421/ to
/sys/dev/sym/ gives better results :-)

sym0: <810> port 0xe400-0xe4ff mem 0xe3800000-0xe38000ff irq 10 at device=
 11.0 on pci0
sym0: No NVRAM, ID 7, Fast-10, SE, parity checking

Merci !

Jean-Marc

--
 Jean-Marc Zucconi                    PGP Key: finger jmz@FreeBSD.org