Date:      18 Jun 2002 21:53:12 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Christopher Nehren <apeiron@prophecy.dyndns.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG

--=-wD6Re5lZ8x1zFVjxEcKo

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 21:38, Christopher Nehren wrote:
> Package: evolution
> Severity: low (?)
> Version: 1.0.7
> Synopsis: Incoming mail to which filters apply gets duplicated
>=20
> Description of problem:
> I have subscriptions to various FreeBSD mailing lists (gnome, bugs,
> bugbusters, test, etc.) and have set up filters to move those messages
> that come from those mailing lists to a folder hierarchy. When the mail
> comes in, it's not duplicated (I've checked it before Evo got a chance
> to bring it in), but when it gets to my Evolution inbox, it is. This is
> with local Sendmail and local inbox. It doesn't seem to occur with
> messages that don't fit any filters.
>=20
> Steps to reproduce the problem:
> 1. Create a folder hierarchy for FreeBSD mailing lists, and add filters
> to move incoming messages to those filters based on recipients
>=20
> Actual results:
> 1. Incoming mail that meets criteria of a filter gets moved to the
> desired folder, but duplicated in the process (I've diffed the
> duplicates and they are the same message, timestamp included)
>=20
> Expected results:
> 1. Same as with the actual except that the messages aren't duplicated.

Didn't happen to me.  I usually use a mail filtering app I wrote to
handle mail sorting on the server side.  So, I created an Evo filter to
move mail sent from me, marcus@marcuscom.com, to a folder, marcus, on my
client.

I created the filter, Test, with one criterion: if sender contains
marcus@marcuscom.com, then Move to Folder marcus.  That's it.  Then, I
applied my filter to my IMAP INBOX, restarted Evo, and it worked as
expected.

Are you sure you don't have Copy to Folder set as your action?  Do you
have conflicting rules?  Maybe deleting then readding your rules might
fix things.

Joe

>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-wD6Re5lZ8x1zFVjxEcKo

--=-wD6Re5lZ8x1zFVjxEcKo--