Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:15:42 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS repository

On 2003-03-05 23:29, "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
> While I am thinking about it,

> Is there any way to make an identical copy of the actual CVS
> respositories themselves.  I'd like to drop them into my CVSROOT so
> I can browse it with cvsweb_graph for kicks. I'd just check it ou
> and import it, but then I loose all the useful revision/branching
> history from which I hope to learn.

Sure.  The following supfile pulls a mirror of the CVS repo for me.

    *default host=cvsup.gr.freebsd.org
    *default base=/home/ncvs
    *default prefix=/home/ncvs
    *default release=cvs
    *default delete use-rel-suffix
    *default compress

    cvs-all

The important bit is the `release' default, which is set to `cvs'.
The example supfile upon which this was based can be found on your
system at `/usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile'.

> I'm sure some of you know this /usr/ports/cvsgraph which is horribly
> out of date.  Is anyone working on an update if not, I'll make one.

You can always submit PRs or contact Trevor Johnson, the maintainer of
the port.  His email is listed in `/usr/ports/devel/cvsgraph/Makefile'.

I'm sure he will appreciate any help :-)