Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:29:09 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Michael W. Holdeman" <ptfd9100@beanstalk.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom Realport 10/100+56 problem

> From: Michael W.Holdeman <ptfd9100@beanstalk.net>
> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:43:47 -0500
>
> Hmmm.... What did I put?
> Thats what I have on my machine anyway...

You still had machdep.pccard.mem_start=oxdoooo instead of 0xd0000.

> however now that I have my sound card working on my TP the Xircom now quit.
> I had to compile with options PNPBIOS to get sound to work, and then the
> Xircom now says unable to allocate IRQ for Xircom.

I think you should try turning off PNPBIOS and specify the parameters
for the sound card in your kernel configuration. For my ThinkPad 600E
I have:

device pcm at isa? port 0x52c irq irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10

but yours will probably require some different values.

The pcics and the Xircom (and any other PCMCIA cards) should share a
single IRQ. The audio card will use a separate one if it's an ISA
device (and it sounds like it is).

Unless your system is a 600E, there will be some differences and this
might not work for you, but maybe it will at least help.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)