Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:06:44 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: busdma sync problem

Maxime Henrion wrote this message on Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 13:53 +0200:
> whole map.  However, I believe it would be more beneficial at this point
> in time to try to make our busdma API as close as NetBSD's one as
> possible.  I bet we'll end up using more macros, as the NetBSD folks do

Actually, right now, our bus/device interface is so far away that it'll
take a lot of work.  NetBSD shares bus_tag's between DMA and bus_space,
so w/ FreeBSD, you already have to add a bus dma tag for each bus dmamap
that you use in the driver.  The dmamap is not an opaque type and you
do not require callbacks to get the address for each segment.

Sure you can start with some small things, but I don't think these are
a big deal, (heck it might even confuse some people), till the rest of
the bus_dma interface has been "merged".

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579