Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:42:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS Question

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Ian Dowse wrote:

> The FreeBSD nfsd has a '-h' option to force it to bind to multiple
> addresses for multi-homed hosts. I'm not sure if Solaris has anything
> similar.

You're a genius. Yes, the Sun is multi-homed, and we've noticed weirdness
with it in the past in terms of which address it chooses to export shares
off of. For some reason, this doesn't affect sun clients....oh, right,
they must not be as picky about the src on the reply...

Changing the hostname/IP we're mounting fixed the problem, definitely.

Thanks for expert advice!

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access