Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:14:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, mercia@ufba.br
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: forerunner LE drive

>  I have some NICs Forerunner LE 25 and I need a drive for Freebsd, does
>  Anyone know where I can find it?

	ftp://ftp.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/pub/freebsd/atm/nicstar.tgz

Others discovered that the NICStAR runs out of large  buffers with Fore
Switches running SPANS protocol. Another person found it to be that the SPANS
protocol PDUs do not not send end of packet flag. It is my belief that
the SPANS VCC (0/14 and/or 0/15 ?) should be set for Raw cell (or AAL0)
processing and not AAL5. The above driver supports Raw cell processing, but
it has not been enabled on those VCC in the driver.

--mark tinguely.