Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:55:50 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Injecting a packet with explicit route.

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

David Preece(davep@afterswish.com)@2001.06.18 12:03:09 +0000:
> Hi,
>=20
> Due to the wonder of IPFW and divert sockets I have been merrily catching=
=20
> packets, modifying them and reinjecting back in from userland to great=20
> effect for some time now. What I would like (need) to do is much the same=
,=20
> but being able to explicitly state which route to take (for a packet goin=
g=20
> outwards), or being able to tell which route a packet came in from (for a=
=20
> packet coming inwards).

ipfilter, see ipf(5), the "to" (fastroute) option for interface based
stuff. if you want to do trasnparent proxy stuff, check ipnat(8) and
ipnat(5).

if you want some really weird stuff check out ipf's "call" functionality
;-)

/k

--=20
> Definition of Windows 95: A 32-bit extension and graphical shell for a
> 16 Bit patch to an 8 Bit OS originally coded for an 4 Bit CPU, written
> by a 2-Bit Company that can't stand 1 Bit of competition.=20
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA--