Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:30:43 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tcp question.

I think you need to separate out tcp behavior from ssh behavior.
A & C are clearly not the same tcp/ssh implementation, and I'm
not even sure B is consistent between the two runs - for example,
B's window size is different, as is the amount of data it sends
before setting the P bit.

With ssh doing compression & encryption, cpu power becomes visible
at lan speeds.  The 1380 mss from C may also indicate extra proto
layers we're not seeing.  And are you sure there's not a 10 mbit
link somewhere between B and C?

--
Barney Wolff
I'm available by contract or FT:  http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf