Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2012 01:00:44 -0700
From:      Anuranjan Shukla <anshukla@juniper.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Proposal for changes to network device drivers and network stack (RFC)

On 9/7/12 8:48 AM, "Julian Elischer" <julian@freebsd.org> wrote:

>We have the second one with the SETFIB socket option, which allows
>a socket to select the routing instance (fib) to use.
>
>it's in the diff, 3 lines up.
Thanks Julian. I had wondered if our usage of so_lrid was different enough
to justify another field, primarily because I wasn't sure about potential
clash with setfib() for the process (since Junos doesn't use it). Having
looked a bit more into setfib() after your comment, it looks ok for Junos
to use so_fibnum. I'll remove so_lrid from our diff.