Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:19:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Nigel Houghton <nigel@sourcefire.com>
To:        Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
Cc:        "Gogh, Ruben van" <R.v.Gogh@kappe-int.com>
Subject:   Re: IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT becomes default to deny

Around 3:16pm Matt Piechota said:

MP :On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Brett Glass wrote:
MP :
MP :> I've noticed that, in 4.9-RELEASE (and probably in -STABLE too), making
MP :> even minor changes to your kernel configuration often requires
MP :>
MP :> make clean; make depend; make; make install
MP :>
MP :> to work. If you leave out the "make clean" or "make depend",
MP :> modifications to your configuration sometimes don't take effect,
MP :> depending upon what you changed.
MP :
MP :Aren't supposed to run 'config' on your kernel conf when you modify it?
MP :That's what the handbook says, after all. :)

It does?

All these issues are covered in the handbook, it's a good resource.

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

Now we're way off topic for this list, nothing to see here, move along.

Nigel Houghton        Security Research Engineer        Sourcefire Inc.
                     Vulnerability Research Team

"In an emergency situation involving two or more officers of equal rank,
seniority will be granted to whichever officer can program a vcr."