Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:43:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Brezny <peter@black.purplecat.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3ware 3dm utility working?

Mike, or anyone,

I'm having some difficulty getting the 3dm beta controller sw for the
3ware escalade ide raid cards to work.  here's  what i have installed and
what its doing.  If anyone has some tips or suggestions as to what i've
done wrong, let me know.  I'd really like to get this working.

TIA

Peter Brezny
SysAdmin Services Inc.

I'm not able to get the web interface to respond. From outside the box.

lynx localhost 1080 gives me a list of .gif files i can't read
lynx localhost:1080 appears to hang

from a remote browser,
netscape 10.10.1.2:1080 waits for reply until i kill 3dmd then immediately
drops the connection
IE 5.0 does the same thing
ie 5.0 to 10.10.1.2 1080 attempts to make a connection but redirects to
https://10.10.1.2%201080 and returns an http 400 bad request error.

I hope this helps and that i haven't just missed something simple in my
config.  Let me know what do to from here.

I'm running 4.2-stable (updated about 3 weeks ago)

i unziped the package into /usr/local/src/3dmd
and unziped the help into /usr/local/src/3dmd/help/

i placed the 3dmd executable into /usr/local/bin

and modified the 3dmd.conf as shown below.

MAIL Y
SERVER 10.10.1.2
SENDER 3DM
RCPT peter@sysadmin-inc.com