Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 1998 12:17:03 -0400
From:      Jeff Shipper <jshipper@isupply.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic: bounce memory out of range

Gentlemen,

I am having a problem installing FreeBSD 2.2.5 on our new server.
After initially configuring the kernel through the visual mode and saving
it to continue with the install the server comes up with the error
"panic: bounce memory out of range", after that it reboots and the whole
cycle starts over again.  Here is the server's hardware profile:

Rack mounted tower case w/ 250watt PS
Dual PentiumII Server Motherboard ( ASUS A.G.P. P2L97 Series )
Dual PentiumII 300 mhz with 512K cache
512MB of SDRAM <--- I dont know if this is the problem or not
Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Card
Baracuda 7200 RPM SCSI-W Hard Drive
24X CD-ROM
3COM 10/100 PCI LAN ADAPTER
3.5" Floppy
2MB PCI Video

Please if anyone has run into this problem before, could you at least point me
in the right direction.  I appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,

JS