Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 14:13:54 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        gvrooij@mmra1.ms.philips.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: play cd on pc speaker or on soundblaster?

> It is, no doubt, simple, but can anyone tell me how I can play a cd
> in my scsi cdrom player on e.g. /dev/audio or /dev/pcaudio ?

This only works with two or three Models of SCSI CDROM drives. And we
don't have the code for that in the tree.
Most CD-ROM's doesn't allow you to read music CD as raw data from the
CD. I think it was done to prevent people from copying music CD's :-).
So your only chance is to pull the plug out of your Soundblaster card
and plug it into the CDROM.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe