Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:55:02 -0500
From:      "RAY DUBBERLY" <rld@newulmtel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSD on laptops

--------------939D63CBAA7F03EF4ADB7A1E

Is there a listing of the laptops that are supported by BSD or can you
tell me if My laptop is supported without a lot of reconfiguring of the
kernel etc..
After reading about your OS both on the net and in my Linux Mag.
(currently I am trying out SuSE v. 6.4 Linux.

I am new to these environments, Linux and Unix but realize that it is
time to move out of the MS environment and learn a real OS.

I have a toshiba model 2065CDS 366mhz, AMD K6-2 W/3DNOW TECH..
4.3gig hd, 24x CD-ROM, S3 ViRGE MX 3D graphics controller, 32 meg of mem

also a integrated V.90/k56flex modem

My desk top computers are both using  ASUS motherboards, one a P2b-f and
the other is a P3b-f

P2b-f = 8GB HD w/192 mgb mem , ATI  RAGE FURY  32mgb 128  win98
P3B-f = 4GB HD w/64mgb mem. , ATI  Mach-64  4mgb      (little box)
Linux

Hopefully this will work so that I can use it while traveling.

Thank You

R. L.  DUBBERLY

R & D  SOFTWARE
827 S. FRANKLIN St.
NEW ULM, MN. 56073

--------------939D63CBAA7F03EF4ADB7A1E

Is there a listing of the laptops that are supported by BSD or can you
tell me if My laptop is supported without a lot of reconfiguring of the
kernel etc..
I am trying out SuSE v. 6.4 Linux.
time to move out of the MS environment and learn a real OS.
mem
P2b-f and the other is a P3b-f
win98
(little box)&nbsp; Linux