Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:46:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pradeep reddy punnam <prady_p@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   regarding signals...

Hi,

i am modifing my ../netinet/ip_input.c code so that kernel can inform a
user process about the arrival of a packet, i want to use signaling
mechanism for this , i know the pid of the process to which the signal
should be send, i am looking for exact function that can help me in
sending SIGIO to procss...
i tryed to use the kill and psignal functions but the system going
panic when the packet arrives...may be my use of the fuctions is wrong...
can i call a system call from the kernel....
somebody tell me what functions are suitable to call for such a
situation....
thanking you...

--prady.