Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:27:01 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sio aware pnp driver and resource conflict detection

Kazutaka YOKOTA scribbled this message on Sep 19:
> >> I am currently working on extending `moused', `psm', `mse', etc to
> >> support modern mice such as MS IntelliMouse.
> >> I have added a piece of code to `moused' to probe the specified serial
> >> port in order to determine the type of mouse by decoding PnP ID string
> >
> >The PnP support which is in -current only refers to the 'ISA PnP' i.e.
> >cards plugged on the ISA bus.
> >
> >I believe you refer to the 'COM PnP' which asks the mouse's type by
> >bit-banging on the RS232 lines. This should probably go into the 'com'
> >or 'sio' driver ?
>
> Yes, that's right. I thought John-Mark Gurney was refering to that
> spec.  Was I mistaken?

yes you are mistaken..  the support I'm talking about is supporting
PnP modems to automaticly bind to the sio driver.. and reading their
possibly unusual configurations from the config...  I ran a modem at
0x280/11 with the new PnP-aware driver...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD