Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:02:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Whitley <mwhitley@borg.proceon.com>
To:        "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
Cc:        Bill Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600E and Xfree....

Thanks Chris -

I have compiled in the PCIC module in the kernel
and have loaded it dynamically with kldload...
The module loads fine either way, but
I get the following both ways when pccardc runs
from rc.pccard

/dev/card0: device not configured

The device is definately there...I've checked the
archives and I don't find anything definitive
about what else to look for...permissions look good
I've tried to remake the device with MAKEDEV etc.

I've tried

pccardc pccardmem 0xd0000
pccardc pccardmem 0xd4000
pccardc pccardmem 0xd8000