Date:      Fri, 7 Oct 2016 11:39:44 -0400
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are those happy tears?

--Qa0ccP92Gc0Ko3P8

The full scene:

  David: [David tries talking to Monica with Teddy in his lap] Where are we
     going? Someplace nice? Are those happy tears? What's for dinner tonigh=
t?
  Monica: You know you don't eat.
  David: Yes. But I like sitting at the table.=20

Anyway, I'd largely given up on my ThinkPad T420 running anything useful th=
at
included ZFS, between ZoL not having TRIM support yet and FreeBSD not
sleeping and having random other issues, so I opted to start running my
MacBook as my primary notebook and to install FreeBSD 11RC3 onto my ThinkPa=
d,
with an intent of filing bug reports to help explore out why it wouldn't
restore the monitor from ACPI sleep.

I just wanted to report that it appears that something changed between 11RC1
and 11RC3, as the laptop now sleeps and resumes properly. I'm psyched,
because I'd bought the thing a year or more ago to run FreeBSD, and it hasn=
't
actually managed to do so in a usable way prior to today.

Thanks! :)

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss   ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@blisses.org     ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped
http://blisses.org/  ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore

--Qa0ccP92Gc0Ko3P8

--Qa0ccP92Gc0Ko3P8--