Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:52:45 -0800
From:      Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   exports question

 From the exports man page:

   BUGS
      The export options are tied to the local mount points in the kernel and
      must be non-contradictory for any exported subdirectory of the local
      server mount point.  It is recommended that all exported directories
      within the same server filesystem be specified on adjacent lines going
      down the tree.

I don't understand, but I think this is what's getting me. I'm trying
to export /usr/src and /usr/obj, but mountd coughs up this error:

   Dec 10 16:28:52 rhap mountd[72605]: can't change attributes for /usr/obj
   Dec 10 16:28:52 rhap mountd[72605]: bad exports list line /usr/obj -maproot

This is based on an export file that looks like this:

   /usr/src -maproot=0
   /usr/obj -maproot=0

/usr/src exported fine and is mountable on other systems. I can
change it to just export /usr, but that's not exactly what I want.

Thanks for some clarification, help, whacks with a clue-by-four.

jon