Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:17:15 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: import NetBSD rc system

Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com> writes:
>     I kinda like our scheme... at least I like the single monolithic
>     /etc/rc.conf file.  It makes maintaining and installing machines
>     utterly trivial whereas having a billion little files each with
>     one or two options in them makes maintaining and installing machines
>     rather difficult.  I sure hope nobody is advocating doing away with
>     the monolithic capabilities of /etc/rc.conf!

I agree completely. One of the points that should be kept in mind
(IMO) is that the SysV RC style dominates Linux...a fact I've used to
convince people that FreeBSD administration is easier, faster,
better...etc.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

There is enough for all in this world but not enough to meet one man's greed.
                                                             - Mahatma Gandhi