Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 2014 17:05:03 -0600
From:      Joe Maloney <jmaloney@pcbsd.org>
To:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   i386-wine-devel vs wine-devel compatibility

I've noticed a difference in compatibility between the
emulators/i386-wine-devel port on amd64, and emulators/wine-devel on i386.
I can run battle.net out of box with emulators/wine-devel on i386. I cannot
run it on emulators/i386-wine-devel for amd64 without running =E2=80=9Cwine
agent.exe =E2=80=93nohttpauth=E2=80=9D prior to launching battle.net.

I have been working at this for a few weeks to see if I could solve. At
first I thought this could be a problem with missing 32 bit libraries. So I
built a 32 bit environment under /compat/i386. I the installed x11/xorg,
emulators/wine-devel. I then launched those under the chroot environment,
and it still fails to run without the agent.exe workaround.

I'd like to try to help resolve this if I can but I think I may be running
short of ideas to try. If anyone can suggest anything that might help
narrow down the problem further please let me know.

Joe Maloney