Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:04:31 PDT
From:      <jsb.__@speakeasy.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   a) libgcrypt b) perl

Apologies for two subjects.
1...=20
After rebuilding ports recently, a ldd recursing of usr/local/bin discovers=
whole slew of ports which should have also had their versions minor bumped.
Most of those, libgcrypt.so ... although maybe fewer than those found in=20
actuality, though maybe not.=20
Examples: grip, brasero, epiphany (the latter also missing the icu bump),=
=20
2...
Disheartened by the perl 5.12.3 5.12.4 bump; I've figured how to upgrade
(for some reason perl-after-upgrade does little on these machines), but
the time to do so seems excessive.=20
perl5/5.12.3
perl5/site_perl/5.12.3
in the past have had files remaining after upgrade. Additionally, running
pkg_which on all those files at those two locations, shows only one-fifth of
the ports found by grepping /var/db/pkg/ for p5. (reason unknown).
So while I can plan to forestall or solve slowly the upgrade, for persons
wishing to install freebsd, and eventually have a lot of perl ports
installed, some easier more foolproof upgrade method may be desired.
Usually I'd recc. portmaster, but two issues with it upgrading perl
(fetches hanging forever, and wholesale upgrades halting midway, partway et=
c,)
seem to sometimes make it less useful if one has many p5- ports installed.
Neither really a problem here, but someone has run into the same issues and
can cobble together a fix (or both) of some sort? towards making a desktop =
more
recommendable...=20

J. Bouquet