Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:35:31 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mountd changes

<<On Wed, 22 Feb 1995 06:02:12 -0800, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com> said:

> My biggest bug-a-boo is that it lets you mount the same filesystem
> more than once! :)

And what on earth is wrong with that?  All a `mount' does is cover one
directory vnode with another; it seems rather pointless to have such
restrictions on it.  (For that matter, I would like to see the
directory restriction lifted, too.)

The only reason why UFS doesn't let you mount the same device more
than once is because it doesn't have the necessary internal locking
and serialization code to make it work.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.