Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:18:51 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bad system call - world build

In message <199710291108.DAA14491@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU>, Satoshi Asami write
s:

> * I'm very willing to help, but only if we attack the correct problem:
> *
> * 	"How can I compile my FreeBSD sources on a foreign platform".
>
>Here you go again, throwing a smokescreen.  I don't mind you planning
>ahead, go ahead and think about it all you like.  I will take that as
>a "no", so please stop changing the subject. :(

I'm not changing the subject, you asked if I cared to help, and I told
you what I felt like helping with:

If you want to kluge a solution for to be able to compile current on
2.X systems, go ahead, I have no interest in that.  (This kind of thing
breaks easily if new syscalls are added).

If you want to improve our build process to become more independent
of the hosting platform, I will happily help you.  (This kind of thing
is far more robust in the face of source changes).