Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 10:52:59 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Leonard Ong <Leonard_Ong@iname.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Hangs

On Sunday,  6 September 1998 at  7:36:13 +0700, Leonard Ong wrote:

The message to which you're replying was about changing the appearance
of the cursor.  I don't understand the connection.

> No one seems responding to my questions regarding kernel.

Could it be you didn't use an appropriate subject?  If you sent it as
an answer to a different message, it's conceivable that nobody who
knew an answer read it.  Check out http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
for some suggestions on how to ask questions.

> Why is it when you compile everything w/o error you can get
> lock-ups before it display :
>
> <jhk@time.cdrom.com> the first three  line after boot:

Ah.  I think I understand now.  You have compiled and built a kernel,
but it never gets beyond the Boot: prompt.  Correct?

I think the answer is "something is wrong".  I'll tell you what: you
tell me more detailled information about your system, and I'll try a
more detailled guess as to what's wrong.

Currently FreeBSD mail is down (they had a disk crash), and we block
mail from iname.com (known spam site), so if you want to reply to me,
you'll have to either wait for FreeBSD.org to come back online, or
change your ISP.

Greg