Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 1995 15:22:35 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   MWSS sound trouble

Has anyone gotten 2.0.5's soundcard drivers working with a Microsoft
Windows Sound System card/module/laptop? I have a Zenith Z-NoteFlex
and have been making remarkable progress working the bugs out of it...
Sound is next.

If I compile in all of the sound drivers, it finds mss0 and uart0.
Sending a file to /dev/audio gives me about a second of sound,
then silence until the process is killed. vmstat -i shows that
every time I do this the vector for mss0 is incremented by one.

Is it just me or are others having trouble with this too?