Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:28:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      ERRIC CHANEY <bige357@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation troubles

dear sir:

I have just recently purchased freebsd in hopes of
getting familiar with the unix o/s. i have been a
windows junkie for as long as I know. the problem that
I am having is that the cdrom will not install. here
are the steps I did to install.

1. I created a LOgical D:(FAT),LOGICAL e:(FAT), a
linux ext2 partition, and a swap partition.I used
partition magic 5.0 to do this.

2. after the partitions were made, I rebooted with the
cdrom in the drive and nothing. Could you please tell
me what I have done wrong. I have tried and
successfully installed windows nt. so if you could
please give me some further instuctions so I can be on
my way to learning this o/s.Please get back to me
asap. Is this a compatability problem? thanks

P.S.

I am attempting to have a dual o/s system. My system
specs are as follows:

P3-450 MHZ, WIN98, 8.1 gb hd, dvd-rom.My keyboard
monitor, printer, and mouse are USB, i have a 56k
modem,a scanner.

=====
Sincerely,
Erric G. Chaney