Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 19:47:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        Questions=answers <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Using the .forward file and procmail...

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Brett Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Spidey wrote:
>
> > I'm unable to use procmail correctly. I wrote a .forward file in my home
> > looking like this:
> >
> > "| /usr/local/bin/procmail USER=beaupran"
>
> >From the examples/man pages, it needs to look like (at least mine works
> this way!):
>
> peloton: {2} more .forward
> "|IFS=' '&&p=/usr/local/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75"

I tried to put this straight into my .forward file, and it's not
working... there are some things that I don't understand, like the $p, the
-YF-, and why there is a p= before procmail... Anyways, th email is still
stuck in the sendmail queue.

I don't know what's going on...

> Brett
> Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
> http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/
>
> How many Microsoft employees does it take to change a light
> bulb? Zero. They declared Darkness[tm] the standard.

Spidey

| Imagine a good steak (8 oz)...         |
| Then imagine 45 to 50 persons sitting  |
| around you with there plate empty.     |
| Then remember that you could replace   |
| your meat by enough cereal to feed all |
| these 50 persons...                    |
| Think of it twice when you'll feed your|
| belly with sick meat.                  |
| Source: Small diet for a small planet, |
|         1980, Frances Moore.           |