Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:56:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mostyn/Annabella <mrl@teleport.com>
To:        bruce@zuhause.mn.org (Bruce Albrecht)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, mrl@teleport.com
Subject:   Re: Acrobat problems?

> Is anyone else having problems running Acrobat 3.0 or 3.01 (Linux) on
> -current?  When I run 3.0, Acrobat tells me that it's trapped a
> segfault on every pdf file I try, and 3.01 doesn't segfault, but the
> display is all messed up.  I'm running SMP from around 10/27 .........

I noticed the same thing on 2.2.5-STABLE a few days old.

With a matrox millenium (MGA - SVGA server) and XFree86 3.3.1 and
a bits per pixel depth of 24 (startx -- -bpp 24) the acrobat display
is messed up with predominantly blue letters; but with pixel depths
of 16 and 32, it's OK.

Using the Xinside (Xig) X server and 24 bit pixel depth it's OK.

This is with 3.01 Acrobat (3.00 segfaulted as you saw).

Mostyn

P.S. Another X thing - netscape 4.04 will get a SEGV if running
     XFree86 3.3.1 24 bpp after restoring the stack on sigreturn
     because of a SIGALRM while having just read the awt/MToolKit
     class, and ...

     The Xig server sails through it?  (This at http://www.onsale.com
     when it starts the first Java applet).