Date:      Thu, 18 May 1995 08:39:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        adam@veda.is (Adam David)
Cc:        thud-users@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: spurious EOF

Adam David writes:

> This error occured while building on thud today (NFS mounted from freefall)...
>
> ld: swap.o: read_strings: premature end of file in strings
>
> I removed swap.o and rebuilt without error. What happened here?

I don't know, but I've had similar ld error messages with those "strange LKM"
problems that I've mentioned.  If it happens again save the .o file and
then cmp it against the working one to see if you have blocks of zeros in
the file.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936