Date:      Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:04:29 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>, "Robert Watson" <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, Marian Hettwer <MH@kernel32.de>
Subject:   RE: MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

>=20
> This kind of issue, but also performance differences, are a
> disadvantage for both groups.  One of my tasks at MySQL is to do
> something about that, but I'm spread pretty thin.  If anybody has
> input on this kind of topic, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Well I would like to see a HOWTO or something about proper configuration
of MySQL for FreeBSD systems.=20

I have a quad opteron that I am currently struggling with using 6.0-RC1,
and I am staring at some of the benchmarks in this thread with disbelief
as I can only pull about 9K qps where others are getting 18-20K qps with
lesser hardware.=20

I may just not be very good at searching through list archives, but it's
difficult to find up to date information including suggested kernel
configurations, gotchas for high memory configurations, etc.

-Will