Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 19:09:12 +0100
From:      se@MI.Uni-Koeln.DE (Stefan Esser)
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: intel P590+ncr+de+current panics, P54SP4 fine.

On Mar 21,  9:52, "Russell L. Carter" wrote:
} Subject: intel P590+ncr+de+current panics, P54SP4 fine.
} Hello,
}
} My intel P590-de-ncr panics on boot with -current, but is fine with
} kernels older than a couple of weeks.  My ASUS P54SP4, identically
} configured, boots -current fine.

Hmm, please try to rebuild your kernel with:

options PCI_REMAP

and send boot message logs for both systems.

} ncr0 <ncr 53c810 scsi> int a irq 11 on pci0:14
} 	reg20: virtual=0xf48d9000 physical=0xffbff800
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^

The NCR was mapped to that address by the BIOS,
and the latest PCI code doesn't remap it by
default anymore.

} CACHE TEST FAILED: reg dstat-stat2 readback ffffffff
} CACHE INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED

Well, that's not necessarily a cache problem
(so I'll change the message), but I guess the
chip has not been fully enabled, or has been
mapped to some bogus address by the BIOS ...

Regards, STefan