Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 16:53:24 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp18.tar.gz

Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> writes:
> I am going to back out the changes to ad1848.c which seems
> to make things worse for vat.

Thank you! ;-)

> For the near term, vat will be modified to directly manage
> the card's dma buffer and that will clean up what ever
> problems are left with sound quality. The stuttering
> problem with mpg123 still needs to be resolved.

I see that it is more important to get working sound code out of the
box in 2.2.5 rather than fix these bogons. It would be nice if people
who have 2.2.5 could get my broadcasts without munging kernel
code. *smile*
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

In a dark alley, a pickpocket tried to snatch Nasrudin's purse. There was a
violent struggle, but eventually Nasrudin got the thief pinned on the ground.
At this moment, a charitable woman passing called out: "You bully, let the
little man up and give him a chance!"
"Madam," panted Nasrudin, "you ignore the trouble which I have had getting
him down."