Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:30:24 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bt848 driver enhancements

1.
John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org> donated the code to allow the
Bt848 driver drive displays such as the Matrox Millenium . John's
implementation is based upon  Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
of querying the driver for an RGB mask to determine the color scheme
which the driver implements in hardware and the functionality to
chose different pixel order : RGB vs BGR.

Waiting on the pipeline is for me or Randall to test the patch.

2.
 I implemented hardware clipping for the bt848 driver and I am about to
   start testing. The Bt848 will be able to clip against a list of
   rectangles. More on this after I am done with testing . It should
   take about a day or two to make sure that the changes do work.

   App's such as Randall's fxtv will be able to use PCI to PCI transfer
   and when a window or a menu occludes a portion of the video display
   the application will be able to issue a list of clip regions for the
   bt848 not to draw on.

3.
  last but not least attempt to find out why Randall's machine crashes under
  specific circumstances

	Enjoy,
	Amancio