Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:14:25 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Avery Labels in FreeBSD?

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 01:28:00PM -0600, David Kelly wrote:
> Kent Stewart writes:
> > They have templates for WP. You just get the Avery Wizard with Office. Every
> > package of letter sized Avery Labels that I have purchased also had a set of
> > instructions for using all of the Word Processors. You do have WP for
> > FreeBSD.
>
> I can generate labels in FreeBSD then I won't have to reboot just to
> print the stinking labels.
>
> Hmm. How's wine these days? Maybe it'll run the Avery label program...
> :-)

you could try the bochs port .. run your ms windows and your win apps in a ms
win emulation box .. its sorta like the way sco did thier ms dos emulation,
you needed your own ms dos boot disk .. bochs is in the ports tree, and or
available from http://www.bochs.com/pub, as regards licencing its free for
noncomercial (read home usage) and $USD25 for comercial usage.

it is infact a i386dx33 processor emulation that will run ms win v3.11, ms
win95 and msdos v6.22 on a swag of unicies including freebsd 2.2.8 and
3.0-current, not sure.

> If I wasn't always in such a hurry, I'd write something in TCL/TK. Saw
> where TK has a display element or something (can't think of the name
> used) which appears to map easily into Postscript.

this, of course, sounds like the prefered alternative .. grin

hope this helps ..

regards

jonathan