Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:27:04 +0100
From:      <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>, <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Got past installworld, new problems however [WASRe: make installworld fails with mergemaster errors - 4.4Rel upgrade to 4.6 Stable]

Hi Brain,
   Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm happy to at last find someone who is willing to at least *say* that he's
blasted and reinstalled a higher version of XFree86-4.

From what you said here, I'll probably want to go with a packages install as well.

> I strongly recomemnd deintalling via 'pkg_delete X*' (you can use
> pkg_info
> first to be sure that this will deinstall what you expect) and then
> re-installing.  Actually, I'd probably install from packages rather than
>
> ports, it's a lot quicker.  Heck, I *know* I'd do it that way because I
> *did*
> do it that way just four days ago.  The pkg_add -r didn't work right for
>
> XFree86-4 because it was looking the wrong place, but if you make it
> look for
> "All" packages instead of "Latest" you should be golden.

How exactly do you specify to pkd_add to "look for ALL" instead the latest? And
which version would it then return?

Thanks again for your time and assistance. I'll look forward to hearing from you
again soon.

Stacey